After a disrupted 2020/2021 season, the Pier to Pub swim is going ahead for 2022 under ‘normal’ event conditions! Held in Lorne, Victoria just off the iconic Great Ocean Road, the Pier to Pub is a highlight on the ocean swim calendar being one of the largest ocean swim events in the world. Over 5,000 swimmers will take on the 1.2km open water swim course.
Thanks to the recent launch of the Speedo Wetsuit range on Wiggle, we have 100 entries to giveaway with every Speedo wetsuit purchase between now and the end of the year!
- When: Saturday 8th January, 2022, 10:30AM
- Where: Lorne Surf Life Saving Club, Victoria
- Entries Open: Now - Register Here.
- Event Entry Price:
- Swim $70
- Virtual Swim $55
- Or complimentary with every Speedo Wetsuit purchase (limited to the first 100 entries claimed)
- How to claim your entry: Forward your proof of purchase of your Speedo wetsuit to LorneEntry@speedo.com.au. Please note, entries are limited to the first 100 claimed and offer must be claimed before 31st Dec 2021.
- Can’t make the event or missed out on an entry? No worries! You can join the Virtual Swim Event.
- Course Map:
Should you wear a wetsuit?
It’s a constantly debated question in open water swimming and triathlon. In short, the Lorne Pier to Pub organisers recommend YES. Despite being in the middle of summer, the sea temperatures in Lorne average 18 degrees Celsius, with lows of around 16 degrees. A swim-specific wetsuit will keep your muscles warm and compressed.
Wetsuits are also designed to aid buoyancy. The Xenon wetsuit is constructed with Yamamoto 39 foam which is the most buoyant foam in existence. It is also packed with extensive features to help aid your performance such as body positioning regulator panels on the thighs which help to adjust your swim position to promote a more efficient swim stroke.
If you'd prefer more flexibility or something that will see you through the rest of summer in warmer water conditions, the Speedo Proton Thinswim Range offers more flexibility. With a thinner construction it has an ultra-light feel and either a full-length arm or sleeveless design option to give you full range of motion in the water.
The Speedo Xenon Wetsuit is the suit of choice for Kendrick Louis, Australian Ironman Champion.